Adaptive Amazing Race 2022
Come celebrate the 21st anniversary of CRIS Adaptive by joining us in our 3rd annual Adaptive Amazing Race fundraiser!
What is the Adaptive Amazing Race?
Teams consisting of 4-6 participants will utilize a piece of adaptive equipment and race against the clock and other teams, completing challenges for a chance to win prizes! These challenges will test your senses, problem-solving, and teamwork skills.
Why do we host this event?
The annual Adaptive Amazing Race is a fundraising event for CRIS held in August to celebrate our anniversary.
Thanks to last year’s participants, this event brought in donations to help ensure CRIS Adaptive can continue to break down barriers and increase outdoor recreational accessibility.
These Donations allow us to:
-Maintain adaptive equipment
– Run our programs
-Cover membership and trip fees for individuals who need financial support
-Purchase new adaptive equipment
Does your team have what it takes to be crowned the 2022 Adaptive Amazing Race champion?
Dates and Locations
August 23, 2022: Vernon
August 24, 2022: Kelowna
August 25 or 26 2022: TBA
No team? No problem! We will partner you up with others to ensure you have a whole team!
How do I Register?
- To register a team for the event, we ask that partners commit to fundraising a minimum of $500 but we encourage you to pledge a higher amount. Your donations will help ensure that CRIS Adaptive can continue to provide inclusive and accessible outdoor recreation and sports for all in the years to come. Please click the “Register Here” button above or use the QR code below.
- If you are unable to participate but would like to make a monetary contribution, please contact email@example.com
Polar Bear Dip 2023
Freezin’ for a reason!
Ring in the New Year with us by plunging into the Okanagan Lake to help raise funds for CRIS Adaptive Adventures!
Join us on January 1, 2023 at Tugboat Bay Beach for our Annual Polar Bear Dip!
2022 Virtual Event
Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 we were unable to host the event in person last year. However, this challenged participants to get creative and show us the different ways they became Polar Bears virtually!
In 2023, we are excited to invite you back in-person to Tugboat Bay Beach to join the local community in the Polar Bear Dip!
How do I register?
- Register your team
–Check back in the Fall to register
- Set a fundraising goal
–Depending on your desired sponsorship level.
- Get Creative with fundraising
–Example: Commit to spending 10 seconds in the water for every $200 raised
- Prove you are a Polar Bear!
–Join us for our annual dip on January 1st, 2023.
– If you are unable to join but would like to make a monetary contribution, donations can be made through our fundraiser page which will be posted closer to the event.
Unveiling & Training 2022
More Information coming soon! Stay tuned!
It’s time to celebrate! Accessible Okanagan has obtained a new TrailRider from CRIS to use in the South Okanagan!
September 23, 2022
10am-2pm: Unveiling and Training